Photo

Phxnlme R package: location of ASCII PML files within Phoenix ?

Phxnlme PML PML files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Charvi

Charvi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Dear All,

I am exploring the use of R for post-processing of Phoenix NLME output and came across this package "Phxnlme" 

To use this package,  the main ASCII miles from Phoenix NLME model runs are needed: the model file, the cols file and the data file. These files are also mentioned in the PML Reference Guide as the main files need for the modeling. However, there is no mention of the location of these files or how to obtain or export them from a Phoenix PK or PK/PD Population modeling workflow. 

Can someone please guide me on the location of these files or how to obtain them while using, say for an example an inbuilt model with one's own dataset?

Any help with this is appreciated.

I am using Phoenix 8.1.

Thank you !

#2 bwendt@certara.com

bwendt@certara.com

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Hi Charvi,

PhxNlme is a package developed by University of Minnesota that is available as an R commandline interface to Phoenix NLME.

The files in question are generated in temporary directory %TEMP%/Phoenix/DME_XXXXX, when the NLME model is executed from Phoenix.

Your %TEMP% is typically located at:

C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\

You may be interested to hear that we are currently developing our own R-Package for NLME: RsNLME, this package will provide all tools you need, e.g. parallelization code, support for all run modes as well as bridging functionality to xpose graphics.

Bernd

Edited by bwendt@certara.com, 16 August 2018 - 11:43 AM.

#3 Charvi

Charvi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Hi Charvi,

PhxNlme is a package developed by University of Maryland that is available as an R commandline interface to Phoenix NLME.

The files in question are generated in temporary directory %TEMP%/Phoenix/DME_XXXXX, when the NLME model is executed from Phoenix.

Your %TEMP% is typically located at:

C:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\

You may be interested to hear that we are currently developing our own R-Package for NLME: RsNLME, this package will provide all tools you need, e.g. parallelization code, support for all run modes as well as bridging functionality to xpose graphics.

Bernd

Thank you Bernd for your response. I did find the location of the files.

It is also good to know about the development of the R package for NLME. I look forward to seeing the package and using it.

On a similar note, is there any functionality currently that I can use to generate forest plots? Just asking, in case I am missing something. 

Many Thanks,

Charvi

#4 bwendt@certara.com

bwendt@certara.com

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

The R-package Phxnlme (see above) has an option to generate forest plots. Sorry, originally I wrongly posted this was developed by University of Maryland.

Bernd

#5 Charvi

Charvi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Bernd !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phxnlme, PML, PML files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users