• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Graham Blakey

Graham Blakey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:52 PM

I have a concentration data file where the ID for subjects is given either in numeric or text format eg  either 1, 2, 3 etc or R1, R2, R3 etc. Data are in an Excel file.  Upon importing the data into WNL, the ID for subjects identified in text format is missing.  I have changed the Subject ID column format in Excel to text before import into WNL; this did not solve the issue.  

To get around the issue, I then copied over the missing textual subject ID data to the imported concentration file in WNL.  The subject ID column was set to text format.  This file was then used as source data for the plotting function.  The function was set to plot one subject per page.  Only graphs for those subjects where subject ID was of the format 1, 2, 3 etc were drawn as individual plots, those subjects with the format R1, R2, R3 etc were all plotted on the same graph.  These are final data from a clinical study and the subject ID cannot be changed.  Is there a solution to my subject identification problem?

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

Hi Graham, that sounds a little odd. When you import them, can you force the ID column to be read as text by selecting the Columns tab in the import wizard ?

If that doesn't work an example of the file causing this should be sent to support so they can investigate, with development if necessary, and make a specific recommendation.

Simon.

Attached Thumbnails

• columns.jpg

Edited by Simon Davis, 07 May 2019 - 01:46 PM.

#3 Graham Blakey

Graham Blakey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

Hi Graham, that sounds a little odd. When you import them, can you force the ID column to be read as text by selecting the Columns tab in the import wizard ?

If that doesn't work an example of the file causing this should be sent to support so they can investigate, with development if necessary, and make a specific recommendation.

Simon.

I have a concentration data file where the ID for subjects is given either in numeric or text format eg  either 1, 2, 3 etc or R1, R2, R3 etc. Data are in an Excel file.  Upon importing the data into WNL, the ID for subjects identified in text format is missing.  I have changed the Subject ID column format in Excel to text before import into WNL; this did not solve the issue.  

To get around the issue, I then copied over the missing textual subject ID data to the imported concentration file in WNL.  The subject ID column was set to text format.  This file was then used as source data for the plotting function.  The function was set to plot one subject per page.  Only graphs for those subjects where subject ID was of the format 1, 2, 3 etc were drawn as individual plots, those subjects with the format R1, R2, R3 etc were all plotted on the same graph.  These are final data from a clinical study and the subject ID cannot be changed.  Is there a solution to my subject identification problem?

Simon

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Thumbnail detailed worked - used the import column function to force the data to be text

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

Marvellous!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: missing data, format, numeric and text, import, sort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users