5 replies to this topic

#1 spic

spic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Dear all,
I would like to import a SAS file (.xpt file) in Phoenix for NCA analysis by automatically importing the units. I know that this is possible with other file formats (.xls or.csv) but I don't know if with an.xpt file it is possible to import the SAS labels directly to avoid manually entering them and thus remove a potential source of error.
Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Séverine

#2 Ana Henry

Ana Henry

Advanced Member

• Val_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Dear Severine,

If you have a SAS transport file in CDISC format (and a CDISC navigator license) you can do this via

>Custom Import>CDISC SDTM Data             or

>Custom Import>CDISC SEND Data

Otherwise, I don't know off hand of an easy way to import units directly into the Phoenix header labels from a SAS transport file.  However, you can handle the units after importing the file in several ways.  For example:

1. If you have a column that has the units, use a data wizard, transformation.  You can assign the column that contains the units to a variable.  This does create a bunch of new columns

2. Use data wizard, properties, and manually assign the units.

Maybe others know of others ways.

Ana

#3 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

I'd like to expand on Ana's suggestion, if your data has a separate column for the units then you can use Column properties to set the units for eg.  PCORRES from the CONTENTS of another column e.g. PCORRESU, see attached image.  Note I have also addded a filter afterwards to remove the now redundant PCORRESU.

Simon.

Attached Thumbnails

• set_units_from_a_column.jpg
  • filter_drop_xxxxU.jpg

#4 spic

spic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:55 AM

Thanks to both of you for your feedback,

I will actually ask to receive the units in a new column to specify them with the data wizard to avoid doing it manually.

Thanks,

Séverine

#5 Anant

Anant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:03 PM

Hi, I am trying to import SAS .XPT file to winnonlin but its showing error. Do i need to follow extra step?

#6 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 01:00 PM

What is the error message?  To be honest the best thing to do would be to email support@certara.com with the PHXPROJ file, error log and error message and versions of Phx and SAS being used,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SAS, units

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users