• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cornelia Preusse

Cornelia Preusse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

Dear all, I would like to visualize in my presentations, that -given a limited number of subjects- the actual ct-profiles (or PK/PD in fact) of a small group will differ from the population predictions via VPC (which comes naturally to most of us but is advantegous in some presentations for expectation Management ;) ) 

Therefore, I would like to perform a series of simulations with a limited number of subjects (n=10)  to visualize that these predictions will differ from each other.  I want the model to do repeated sampling  of the PK Parameter with added IIV (one parameter set for each individual). Since my model has no covariates, I wondered if it matters to simulate 1 replicate for 10 subjects or 10 replicates for 1 subject. Given the example attached it seems to matter (the range of ct- profiles seems more narrow with the 1 subject).

Could you give advice on the best practise how to simulate repeated sets of limited subject number?

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

Hi Cornelia - I can't see  your attachment - can you please try editing your post to attach it?  In the meantime I'll think on your problem a bit, but I would think that all things being equal it shoudn't matter..

thanks, Simon.

#3 Cornelia Preusse

Cornelia Preusse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:25 AM

Hi Simon, thanks ! here's the attachment

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users