4 replies to this topic

#1 mark.boonman

mark.boonman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:25 AM

Hi all,

Our PK/PD data analysis department recently switched from WNL6.2.1 to WNL8.1 for our NCA's. With WNL8.1 we are still able to open project files that were created in WNL6.2.1 but for some of those files we see that several data steps in the workflow are now indicated ‘out of date’ (red) where they used to be ‘up to date’ (black) when opened in WNL6.2.1. 

The particular data steps where this happens are: Descriptive statistics, Column properties and Column transformations.

We think the reasons for this is that for:

- Descriptive statistics some new statistical parameters were added in WNL8.1 (Geometric SD, 2.5% percentile, IQR, Sum, Skewness pop and Kurtosis pop)

- Several separate data steps (Filter worksheets, Column properties and Column transformations) in WNL 6.2.1 were combined in WNL 8.1 under the Data wizard

Can somebody please confirm that the assumptions above are correct or provide us with the real reason for this matter?

Many thanks for your help!

Mark

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:22 PM

Hi Mark, yes, your assumptions are correct.  Where functions in phoenix have changed between versions, those will be flagged as required re-execution and indeed the results may be different.  Couple of things to note, the data wizard consolidated filter, column transform back in I think 6.4.

also current release is 8.2 (released last summer) and 8.3 will be released later this summer if that helps you or others plan future upgrades and validation.  Simon.

#3 mark.boonman

mark.boonman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

Hi Mark, yes, your assumptions are correct.  Where functions in phoenix have changed between versions, those will be flagged as required re-execution and indeed the results may be different.  Couple of things to note, the data wizard consolidated filter, column transform back in I think 6.4.

also current release is 8.2 (released last summer) and 8.3 will be released later this summer if that helps you or others plan future upgrades and validation.  Simon.

Thanks for the swift reply Simon!

Indeed, we missed a couple of versions jumping from 6.2.1 to 8.1 :) . 

For those NCA's where some parts were flagged when opened with WNL8.1 no different results (parameters) were observed, only the flagging for re-execution. After re-execution all parameters were the same as before but the flagging was gone.

Nevertheless, it is possible to get different results when opening old files with WNL8.1 you say? Could you give an example of this? With the above confirmation I can explain the flagging for re-execution now when this is questioned during an audit. Getting different results when opening old (WNL6.2.1) files with WNL8.1 will be more difficult to explain. If that can be the case then I need to look into this beforehand. It would be very helpfull if I know what to look for.

Thanks again for your help!

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:03 AM

You would have to work thorugh all the past release notes to find every change, however NCA the only one I can think of off the top of my head was the auto select rule for Lambdaz changing so that Cmax woudl no longer be included.  However i think that happened before 6.2.1.

In other tools we changed/improved things, so for instance in early versions of stacker, missing values were dropped, but now you can choose whether to keep or not.  Normally when a function is modified like this, the default applied matches prior versions' behaviour - unless  we felt that was actually wrong.  However that is a fairly rare occasion but d be careful when you explore the options not to inadvertently change e.g how a filter is processed.

Simon.

#5 mark.boonman

mark.boonman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

We've used WNL6.2.1 for quite a long time I am positive that Cmax is not included for Lambdaz by default. So I think you are right that this was changed before version 6.2.1.

So for performing NCA's no (big) changes were implemented after version 6.2.1. That's good news! 

Regarding the stacker option: we never use that option so I don't have to dig in to that.

I will have to do so more testing to see if the descriptive statistics function still gives the same results when re-executed in WNL8.1 but other than that I think we are fine. 

Thanks for your help Simon! 

Really appreciated.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users