2 replies to this topic

#1 Claes

Claes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

It is unclear what the differences are between AutoPilot and PKS Reporter (beside the link to PKS. In both applications it is possible to create reports.

Can you provide me some info on this?

addtional question: PKS reporter only works with PKS. Are there any plans to create a PHX Reporter where I can yse my own file system?

thanks

Ben

#2 Peter Schaefer

Peter Schaefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

H Ben,

AutoPilot and PKS Reporter are actually very different:

- AutoPilot creates tables and graphs and a couple of text documents that essentially contain tables and graphs and are meant to be attached to a report. AutoPilot does not actually create reports.

- PKS Reporter is based on Word and allows users to edit an 'enhanced' Word document. By enhanced, I mean that the user can add 'links' (we call them 'tags') to objects in PKS. These links can point to all kind of objects, like Excel files, image files, a cell in a WinNonlin worksheet, etc. And as you might guess, they certainly can link to tables and graphs that were created by AutoPilot. When the report is updated, the links are used to pull the objects into the Word document and create the report with the current data from PKS. The beauty of PKS Reporter is that the links are 'active', i.e. when the content in PKS changes and the report is updated, the new content is pulled and the report is available with the updated information.

So, in short: AutoPIlot creates content that PKS Reporter can pick up and place into a report.

If you are interested in more details, it would probably be a god idea to get a brief demo scheduled. Contact our sales team to get this on the calendar.

Thanks for your interest.

Peter Schaefer

Director Product Management

#3 Peter Schaefer

Peter Schaefer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ben,

as an addition: AutoPilot comes with a component called "Automation File Explorer" that allows users to manually transfer AutoPilot generated tables and graphs into PowerPoint and Word. With future versions of the AutoPilot Toolkit for Phoenix (which is not released yet) we have thought about integrating the active links of PKS Reporter and allow to link objects from Phoenix projects - which essentially would allow to use a PKS Reporter type of functionality independent of PKS. However, there is no final commitment for this feature and no timeline or more detailed planning for this kind of feature has been established.

Hope this helps.

Peter Schaefer

Director Product Management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users