#1 littlepetinga

littlepetinga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing an issue while reporting Tables.

I correctly formated the table on Phoenix. However, when I report to a word doc (as word table), the table loses the previous format (e.g. subscript, text allignment).

I kindly ask if anyone as a suggestion to solve this issue.

Moreover, I ask if it is possible to create custom table formating in Phoenix, such as removing borderds.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Sara

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

Hi Sara, this is a known issue (QC 17944, QC 17945) that was addressed in 8.3 which has just been released.  Please take a look at the online help and look at the release notes to see what else has changed and may help you in planning your upgrade.

https://onlinehelp.c.../8.3/index.html

I believe a workaround is to either request a PDF or request tables as images, I can' recall if both those work at the moment.

Simon.

#3 0521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

Hi Simon,

I also encountered problems with custom tables.
I customized the Table style through xml, which can be displayed normally in the "Table" results, but the format has changed when I export the Table to Word using "Report".
I also tried to use the "R shell" to draw the table. Similarly, it can be displayed normally in the "R shell" results, but the format has changed when exporting to the Word using "Report".

Now I am trying to imitate the css style of the "Table" table, complete the definition of the table style in R language and then use "Report" to export to Word again.(I haven't implemented it yet)

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:57 AM.
not necessary to quote whole preceding post

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

Hi 0521, I am not sure I follow your problem, if you want to send your project to support with an example of what you are trying to create then we can try to take a look.

Also the 8.3 release is now available!

https://lp.certara.c...oenix-8.3.html

Simon

PS Sara - at the moment I don't think you can easily remove the borders with the built in tables, what I have normally done is apply a format afterwards in word if needed.  I think some cleints have Word macros to apply a house style in the report.

However I think some futher simple format options could be a possiblity, can you perhaps take the attached Word document and format the table how you would like, and then I will see what I can suggest.

Edited by Simon Davis, 17 June 2020 - 10:08 AM.

#5 0521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

Hi Simon,

I saw 8.3, I downloaded it and tried to install and use it.
But I encountered some problem.

Phoenix8.2 was originally installed on my computer. I did not uninstall 8.2 and directly started the installation of 8.3.
The installation process was smooth,
But, after completing the installation, the version displayed after starting Phoenix is still 8.2.
I came to the Windows control panel and found that Phoenix is 8.3 in the control panel.
Then I tried to uninstall Phoenix in the control panel, but found that it could not be uninstalled. After clicking Uninstall, it came back to the installation interface.

Could you check this issue?

Start Phoenix's interface
2020-2.png
2020-3.png

control panel
2020-1.png

after clicking Uninstall in control panel
2020-4.png

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:57 AM.

#6 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:28 AM

Apologies but if you have already downloaded 8.3 before today (18Jun2020), then please can you re-download  https://lp.certara.com/Download-Phoenix-8.3.html , the build itself hasn’t changed but we found a small issue with the installer package.

#7 0521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:34 PM

Hi Simon,

I re-download Phoenix 8.3, I tested it and the above installation problem has been solved.

Thanks.

But, Phoenix still has many other bugs.

--__--

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:55 AM.

#8 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:59 PM

0521, sorry to hear you have some issues.  Please can you email them into Support and we will try to replicate/workaround/solve.

if you alreahy have some logged cases you would like me to follow up on, feel free to PM the the case numbers and I will see what I can do.

Simon.

#9 f_yc

f_yc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:23 AM

if you already have some logged cases you would like me to follow up on, feel free to PM the the case numbers and I will see what I can do.

Hi Simon,

Could you follow up this case.
CS00201493
CS00201520
CS00203547

Best wishes
Yongchao

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:56 AM.
Thanks Yongchao - I have responded to you directly.

#10 0521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

Hi Simon.

Since Phoenix does not report the confidence interval for ω, I tried to manually calculate the 95% confidence interval for ω.
Before calculating the confidence interval of ω, I calculated Theta's 95% confidence interval. When calculating Theta's 95% confidence interval, I found that Phoenix did not use the "estimated value ±1.96SE" to calculate the 95% confidence interval, but Use the "estimated value ±1.9759SE" to calculate the 95% confidence interval.

Could you explain why this is?

The table below is an example of my calculation using the Theta table of Phoenix's "Pheno" file.
plot.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:54 AM.

#11 Linda Hughes

Linda Hughes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

Hello,

As is commonly done in Statistics, the Student's t distribution is used instead of the Normal distribution:

Number of observations is 155
Number of parameters is 5
nObs minus nParm is 150
tinv(.975,150) = 1.9759

Thanks for your question,
Linda Hughes

Edited by Linda Hughes, 25 June 2020 - 08:29 PM.

#12 0521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

thank you very much.

Does this mean that when I report the confidence interval of oumiga, it should also be calculated based on the T distribution?

Thanks you in advance.

Edited by Simon Davis, 26 June 2020 - 04:54 AM.

#13 Linda Hughes

Linda Hughes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

It's a matter of preference, but I think the t-distribution is more commonly used since it takes into account the degrees of freedom.  The Normal and Student's t distributions are very close when there are at least 30 DF, as you saw in the example you sent.

Regards,

Linda Hughes

#14 littlepetinga

littlepetinga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:04 PM

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much!

Another question, regarding tables formation. When creating a table, is it possible to maintain the decimal places defined in the dataset? Because, Precision/Alignment option automatically sets the same decimal places to all elements in a column, and I wanted them to maintain the decimal places defined in the dataset.

Thank you!

Sara

Hi Sara, this is a known issue (QC 17944, QC 17945) that was addressed in 8.3 which has just been released.  Please take a look at the online help and look at the release notes to see what else has changed and may help you in planning your upgrade.

https://onlinehelp.c.../8.3/index.html

I believe a workaround is to either request a PDF or request tables as images, I can' recall if both those work at the moment.

Simon.

#15 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:02 AM

Sorry Sara but no I don't think this is feasible. the presentation control on the worksheets is only controlling to how many places a value is displayed.  the true number is still stored underneath and this is totally separate to how the tables are constructed in HTML

However you could template or save object settings for your reporting table to round them to the value you want to display.

SImon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users