3 replies to this topic

#1 mgo_pxl

mgo_pxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 04:17 AM

Hi,

I am a big R user and sometimes having difficulty with the limitations of the data wizard. 

I am trying to fill down DOSE and DOSENUMBER in a data merge in Phoenix WNL. I want to do this by subject ID and visit day. 

As in Rstudio, this is quite easy (see attachment), I am having trouble getting the same results in Phoenix. 

Does anyone have any tips that do not include the R-script node?

Cheers, Meike 

Attached Thumbnails

• example of Rcode.PNG

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 05:54 AM

Hi Meike, I'm not very familiar with R, but if you were to post a representative PHX project then I would try to show yuo how I would merge (or Join) two sets.

Alternatively I would use the option External software>Rshell, to launch the R send my code and data there and return the results into Phoenix where it can be picked up for the next step(s),

There is a basic example of using this feature in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Certara\Phoenix\application\Examples\R

anf you can read more about it here;  online help R-script

Simon.

Attached Thumbnails

• r_shell.jpg

#3 Ana Henry

Ana Henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 07:33 PM

Hi,

I am a big R user and sometimes having difficulty with the limitations of the data wizard. 

I am trying to fill down DOSE and DOSENUMBER in a data merge in Phoenix WNL. I want to do this by subject ID and visit day. 

As in Rstudio, this is quite easy (see attachment), I am having trouble getting the same results in Phoenix. 

Does anyone have any tips that do not include the R-script node?

Cheers, Meike 

Hi Meike,

You can use the data tool crossproduct to do what you are asking for.  I have attached a Phoenix project that I think might help you understand this data tool.  In the results, look at worksheet BA.

Hope this helps,

Ana Henry

Attached Files

• mgo_pxl likes this

#4 mgo_pxl

mgo_pxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 11:26 PM

Hi Meike,

You can use the data tool crossproduct to do what you are asking for.  I have attached a Phoenix project that I think might help you understand this data tool.  In the results, look at worksheet BA.

Hope this helps,

Ana Henry

Hi Ana, 

I saw your workflow and this is exactly what I was looking for! So thank you so much. I tried cross product before, but did not think about first filtering the null doses out. 

Cheers, Meike 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users