• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark79

Mark79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 12:13 PM

I can find information on how to perform a nonparametric analysis of Tmax for cross-over studies in WNL, but is it also possible to perform a nonparametric analysis of Tmax for a single sequence study in WNL?

I have a single sequence Drug-Drug interaction study and I would like to perform a nonparametric analysis of Tmax in WNL, but I am not sure if that is possible. 

The single sequence is like this:

On Day 1 Compound X is administered and on Day 5 Compound X is administered together with a moderate CYP3A4 inhibitor in steady-state. 

Can I statistically compare Tmax (Compound X) of Day 5 vs Day 1 using nonparametric analysis in WNL?

Kind regards,

Mark

#2 Helmut Schütz

Helmut Schütz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:40 PM

Hi Mark,

[…] is it also possible to perform a nonparametric analysis of Tmax for a single sequence study in WNL?

[…] On Day 1 Compound X is administered and on Day 5 Compound X is administered together with a moderate CYP3A4 inhibitor in steady-state.

I would rather call that a comparison of paired (aka dependent) groups. However, it’s not possible in WinNonlin. I suggest the R package coin.

Best regards,
Helmut

https://forum.bebac.at/

#3 Mark79

Mark79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:50 PM

Hi Mark,

I would rather call that a comparison of paired (aka dependent) groups. However, it’s not possible in WinNonlin. I suggest the R package coin.

Thanks for the feedback Helmut!

I will have to look for another way for comparing...

Kind regards,

Mark

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:57 PM

It's worth remembering that if you need to call an external software like R these can still be part of your Phoenix workflow to make it easy to refresh the whole analysis by inserting the code snippet into External software > R Shell object.

Simon.
In the meantime I'll have a think about what else we can do/add in native Phoenix for you use case.

Attached Thumbnails

• External_r.jpg

#5 Mark79

Mark79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:06 PM

It's worth remembering that if you need to call an external software like R these can still be part of your Phoenix workflow to make it easy to refresh the whole analysis by inserting the code snippet into External software > R Shell object.

Simon.
In the meantime I'll have a think about what else we can do/add in native Phoenix for you use case.

Thanks for the suggestion Simon!

I think we will be using SAS programming for this compare.

I first wanted to double check the possibility in WNL.

K.R. Mark

#6 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:10 PM

There is the option to have a SAS shell too.

Will let you know if I find something else Mark,

Simon.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAS_shell.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users