3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi,

I’m a beginner with Phoenix NLME and I would like to ask you several questions about it.

First, in my data set if I put the unit amount in mg or in ng I don’t have the same results in my “theta output table”, how is it possible? (For example 3mg and 3000000ng)

Then, I don’t understand the meaning of the categorical covariable coding, for example "dCL/dSexe1 Sexe==1".

In the “theta output table” what is the sense and the interpretation of this term?

How can you do to have (in this case for example) the value of the clearance for male and female?

When I want to launch NonMem from NLME, it doesn’t run. I have a message error whereas if a want to run the same dataset with the same control file with NonMem directly it runs well.

So, must I do any modifications in the control file when I want to launch NonMem from NLME?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi Phil,

Firstly - I would recommend you standardise your units of dose to match the mass units of your conc e.g. if you conc is measured in ng/mL then enter your dose in ng - then you know your unit results - the phoenix model itslef does not currently attempt to convert units.

Categorical variables should be coded to numeric values e.g. 0=male, 1=female.

"must I do any modifications in the control file when I want to launch NonMem from NLME?"

are you sure you are passing data correctly to NONMEM - Phoenix reads the NM input statement and builds the mapping expectations in set up from that, however statements like AMT=DOSE will confuse it so you should have jsut the variables in it you require for your model - and handle any 'renaming' via the mapping selection e..g map AMT to DOSE

does that help - if not posting you model should help others suggest to you what else to try,

Simon

#3 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi Simon,

thanks for your answers!

With regards the problem with Nonmem, I think I pass data correctly beacause I use the same datafile. If I use Nonmem without phoenix, I have no problem and if I launch Nonmem with Phoenix it does not run. With the same data set and the same control file.

In the two cases, I have two following warning messages but with Nonmem (without phoenix) it runs :

(WARNING 2) NM-TRAN INFERS THAT THE DATA ARE POPULATION.

(WARNING 97) A RANDOM QUANTITY IS RAISED TO A POWER. IF THE RESULT AFFECTS

THE VALUE OF THE OBJECTIVE FUNCTION, THE USER SHOULD ENSURE THAT THE

RANDOM QUANTITY IS NEVER 0 WHEN THE POWER IS < 1.

Could you explain me?

Thanks

Phil

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Sorry Phil - I'm not expert on NONMEM, regarding running your script with Phoenix, to help you further we'd really need to see your project file as without an example of the data and script, plus the actual error message I don't know what to suggest.

Simon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users