4 replies to this topic

#1 ARINDAM PAL

ARINDAM PAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Dear

I want to develop a model with simultaneous 1st & zero-order release or a 1st oredr release till 1hr and zero-order release after that. I have only one immediate-release PK profile available for the drug. Kindly help me guide in drawing that model in PHX model graphically.

Thanks

Arindam

#2 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Dear Arindam

I made a simple project to help you with your issue.

the idea is in the data set to do a copy of your dosing schedule and one column will be called dosefirstorder and the other dosezeroorder. You then create a graphical model and put a dose in the extravascular and also in the central compartment. In the central compartment you select the option of zero order absorption and here I used rate as the input (I could have used also duration). In both compartment , you have the option to select bioavailability that also emulate fraction of the drug. I defined F for the fraction going out of the extravascular and 1-F from the central compartment. In the central compartment I added a tlag.

This will emulate what you are trying to do. The project has both the simulation and the fitting procedure of the simulate data set.

I hope it helps.

best Regards;

Serge [file name=combined_first_order_zero_order_absorption.phxproj size=1717629]http://www.pharsight.com/extranet/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/combined_first_order_zero_order_absorption.phxproj[/file]

Attached Files

#3 Loan Pham

Loan Pham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Dear Serge,

This reminds me of what we have done and what a nice experience with how flexible the graphical model works.

#4 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes indeed.

best Regards;

Serge

#5 raghava choudary

raghava choudary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Yes indeed. best Regards; Serge

Dear Arindam I made a simple project to help you with your issue. the idea is in the data set to do a copy of your dosing schedule and one column will be called dosefirstorder and the other dosezeroorder. You then create a graphical model and put a dose in the extravascular and also in the central compartment. In the central compartment you select the option of zero order absorption and here I used rate as the input (I could have used also duration). In both compartment , you have the option to select bioavailability that also emulate fraction of the drug. I defined F for the fraction going out of the extravascular and 1-F from the central compartment. In the central compartment I added a tlag. This will emulate what you are trying to do. The project has both the simulation and the fitting procedure of the simulate data set. I hope it helps. best Regards; Serge [file name=combined_first_order_zero_order_absorption.phxproj size=1717629]http://www.pharsight.com/extranet/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/combined_first_order_zero_order_absorption.phxproj[/file]

Hi Serge,

Is it possible that a drug follows zero order absorption in some subjects and first order absorption in some subjects ???

If yes, how to model that mixed combination of zero order and first order absorption for the same drug using phoenix Model (say for e.g 2 comp ) ?

with best regards,

Raghav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users