9 replies to this topic

#1 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have performed a NCA data analysis from a parallel goup design ( 5 treatment groups). I hae made a Table from the raw data and it has almost the format I want. I have column stratified the data stratified the data by Treatment and Time. I was expecting the Time to be organized as increasing ( i.e. 0, 2,3,4............). Now it does not do this completely (see snapshot). I intended to do column statistics for each of the timepoints of each treatment group. Any suggestion to get the series of times presented in order of the time.

#2 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

NOTE from moderator, thread cleaned up because of problems attaching an image since it was over 1100 pixels
Posted Image

Here is the image; it is now in the portrait mode.

Tried to ,narrow the image down. Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• 1100pixels.jpg
  • order_of_time_portrait.jpg

#3 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Here is an effort to provide a better snapshot. There were 5 treatments and you can only see one (but you cannot see the column label). At the bottom of each time column for the treatment there will be a row of descriptive statistics for the values of teh subject paramaters at each time p;oint. Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• time_order_problem.jpg

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hi Angus, not sure exactly why your data is sorting this way by default; it almost looks as if it thinks it's a text var but when setting up a table for the screen shot below I noticed some odd sorts too.

On the plus side it's very easy to resolve. In your table object choose the tab in the lower panel Column/Sort order

Highlight the Column Stratification field TIME

Click on the button "Add Column Sort" and you can now specify whatever order you want; in my case just choosing this button and re-executing actually brought the sort back to correct alphanumeric order
Posted Image

(I am using 6.3.1, i.e. 6.3 with the Reporter patch applied.)

Note other stratification variables can be custom sorted in this manner too, particularly useful for things like Gender.

Simon

Attached Thumbnails

• custom_sort.jpg

#5 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Simon: Thanks for the advice. I am trying to learn to use the database focusing on stratification opportunities. Clearly I must move away from Excel as much as I can. Your suggestion works. It is add that it did not sort the numbers is the usual order without my specifying it. When I added custom sort then it did include the column times in ascendng order.

I do have Gender in database so I will look out to use this tip. Quite often I find myself not understanding well what I accomplish when making the Tables and using row -column strafification.

It seems that ccolumn stratificaion is the way one shoud work. Often in the literature ofr exaple entration time profiles are presented row stratified.withthe descrptive statistics to the right.

Angus

#6 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

REPORTER PATCH

I am using 6.3 (BUILD 6.3.0.395 so should I download the "reporter patch"?

Angus

#7 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Here are the details for installing this additional plugin (licensed with Connect so if you don't have that license then you won't see anything different)

ftp://support_ftp:pt9JTmD9GdXQLtCgPkvL@ftp.certara.com/support/desktop/Phoenix/Reporter_Object_for_PHX_Connect_1.3.1.zip

Note that this is a patch installer which will patch an existing PHX 1.3 (build is 6.3.0.395) installation, it will be rolled into the 1.4 release.

This info was already posted here; http://www.pharsight...=46&id=932#1574 but I appreciate without a notification of new topics it's hard to be aware.

In short I personally would install the patch and try it out with a test license of Connect if I didn't have one already to see if the new functionality would help.

However I don't expect it to make any difference to Tables in themselves and you and i appear to both see the same behaviour so I'm following up with Product Management.

Best regards,

Simon.

#8 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi Angus, is it possible you can post, or email me the project that showed your sorting order problem as I believe it may related to something I saw with another user recently (QC_PHX13324)

regarding your last question;
It seems that column stratification is the way one should work. Often in the literature for example concentration time profiles are presented row stratified.with the descriptive statistics to the right.

that's easy-ish too, using the choice of RowStatisitcs;
Posted Image
Row ID : Time_post_dose [h]
Data : Sample_Concentration [ng/mL]
Dependency :
Row : PK_Day
Column : Subject

Simon Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• row_statistics.jpg
  • table-20130910.jpg

#9 Angus McLean

Angus McLean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Simon: Thank you for your comments: Yes; row stratification does work, but you must have at least one variable column stratified. For me I used the subject number was column stratified. Row ID was :"time" and plasma conc. as "data". Then got the concentations at the timeppoints organized by column downwards and across row and did the row statistics across the rows. You have to get used to the terminology.

Angus

#10 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Webinar: Standardising TK and other NCA analysis reports with Phoenix Connect

Date and Time:

November 15, 2013

10am London (11am Paris, 3:30pm Mumbai)

Description

Would you like to cut hours off the time you spend making study reports from PK/PD analyses conducted in Phoenix? In this webinar, we will show you how to streamline report generation with Phoenix Connect's Reporter. This tool allows users to construct a report within the Phoenix workflow and have the graphs, tables and listings generated by WinNonlin as well as third-party tools like SAS, NONMEM and R inserted directly into their Word report template. This demonstration will focus on a bioavailability protocol but examples of other uses will be discussed and questions will be encouraged during the WebEx.

register here;

https://certara.webex.com/certara/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=921245752

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users