3 replies to this topic

#1 Chandramouli1412845459

Chandramouli1412845459

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:51 AM

Hi

I am getting only 40% of the drug absorbed? is this right? Also, let me know if you need more information from my side.

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Quite possibly - it depends on the compound you are dosing some drugs have even lower effective bioavailability, e.g.

pyridostigmine (around 7.5% I believe because it is poorly absorbed and largely excreted unchanged

and domperidone (~17%). as it has a high first pass effect.

Hope that helps.

Simon.

#3 Chandramouli1412845459

Chandramouli1412845459

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Hi Simone,

Thanks for your response.. The drug i am using is Paracetamol and we are using Saliva to measure the levels. Also, i am using simulated IV infusion as a reference formulation. If i am using oral as a "Reference Data type" my output is different. If i am right the bio availability is influencing the levy plot and thats the difference i am seeing in the plot am i right.

kid regards

Mouli

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Yes it sounds like it, would be much easier to confirm if you post your project as an attachment to double check your settings. I believe paracetamol's oral bioavailability (~70-90%) is somewhat dose dependant: with larger doses, the hepatic first pass effect is reduced due to overwhelming of the liver enzymatic capacity.

Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users