• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

I'm working on putting together a structural model to describe both parent and metabolite concentrations following IV bolus administration. Does NLME currently have a model for this?

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

Jim, I don't recall a built in model for simultaneously fitting Parent and Metabolite but between the graphical and textual editors you should be able to modify and existing model pretty easily. Have you had a chance to attend a training course yet ?

Simon.

Upcoming training : www.pharsight.com/training/training_home.php

19-22 July Intermediate PK/PD Modeling Methodology using Phoenix WinNonlin, Mountain View, CA

27-29 July Introduction to Phoenix 6.1, Mountain View, CA

17-19 Aug Introduction to Phoenix 6.1, Cary, NC

23-26 Aug Advanced PK/PD Modeling Methodology using Phoenix WinNonlin, Bridgewater, NJ

Introduction to Phoenix v6.1: 7-9 Sept 2010, Amsterdam, Holland.

#3 Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hi Simon,

No actually I haven't been able to attend an NLME training class. I was hoping to attend a course this year but I'm not sure if I'll be able to work it in.

My nonlinear mixed effect experience dates back to formal training with NONMEM with Beal and Sheiner in 1995. I can create the structural model but I'm just suprised that this rather common situation was not included as a standard model. Now that I know it wasn't, I'll just put something together to do the job.

NLME is very new to me and I need to finish up a PK analysis plan today so I'll just describe the NLME-AP in more general terms.

Thanks for confirming that the structural model for parent and metabolite is not included in the standard set of models. Are there any plans to develop this users group along the lines of sharing models or other odds and ends? Or is it even worth the effort?

Kind regards, Jim

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hi Jim, To be clear, they may be not in the pre-built library but it should be very easy to build them either through the graphical model builder, or directly in the textual model builder. Note that the built-in models can be further modified graphically and further in the textual editor.

I'm not sure of exactly what type of model you are looking for but here is a simple example as 'written' using the graphical model builder. If it was something else you were looking for let us know and we might have something else we can share with you.

Simon. /extranet/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IV_1comParentMetab.jpg

#5 Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

Goodness, it's been 7 months and I'm just getting back to this. Thanks for your help. Let me study this a bit and I'll get back to you. I'm glad it is easy to retrieve user names!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users