8 replies to this topic

#1 f.andreu

f.andreu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:50 PM

Dear all,

We are unable to import to Phoenix a protected excel file sent from another company.

Is there any option to import and open a protected file without having to modify it before?

Thank you in advance!

Franc.

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Franc, how is it protected in Excel? what error message are you seeing?  (Remember you cannot have the file open in Excel at the same time as trying to import.

I could bring in an excel file I just protected OK so is it possible you could post an example of this type of file here for us to try or if the confidentiality is the issue sent the file to support?

Simon.

#3 Nathan Teuscher

Nathan Teuscher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Franc,

I have experienced a similar problem when trying to open password-protected Excel files. To get around this problem, I save the Excel file without a password (in Excel, click File, Info, Protect Workbook to remove passwords). Then the new Excel file imports properly into Phoenix. I hope that this might help you with your specific problem.

Nathan

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Is there any option to import and open a protected file without having to modify it before?

Franc, our own internal testing team and Nathan have also been unable to recreate the problem.  Please can you send us an example file otherwise we can't help you further and will have to close the issue.  Simon

#5 vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

Can we import an excel file in WinNonlin.

Vinay

#6 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

Yes, Vinay - that has always been supported but be sure it is not open in another application at the same time during import.

Simon

#7 vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

Yes, Vinay - that has always been supported but be sure it is not open in another application at the same time during import.

Simon

But when I tried to import the excel file, it changed all the formatting and also all the formulas from excel sheet were gone.

#8 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:23 AM

Phoenix imports data, not formula, it is not a spreashsheet program, formula within a cell are not supported.

Maybe you should explain what you are trying to achieve/import with an example ?

Simon.

#9 vinaygarg

vinaygarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

Phoenix imports data, not formula, it is not a spreashsheet program, formula within a cell are not supported.

Maybe you should explain what you are trying to achieve/import with an example ?

Simon.

I have and excel sheet with formulas from which I transfer data to WinNonlin and vice versa. Is it possible to create same sheet in WinNonlin or link the excel sheet to WinNonlin so that the data transfer is automatic. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users