5 replies to this topic

#1 Vijay Ivaturi

Vijay Ivaturi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

Dear All, 

I am getting an access denied message pointing to the TEMP Phoenix folder when running a simple NCA. 

Details - 

Windows 7 64 bit, with full admin rights

Latest version of Phoenix

Multiple dose NCA (day1 and day 5) - sort levels and order are ID and DAY

number of subjects = 2000

The program verifies doses and then starts profiling the curves and throws this error message (attached) in a few minutes. 

What I tried -

Checked access permissions to that folder - I have complete access

I saved the workflow in to a different project and tried after restarting phoenix. 

I plotted all the 2000 subjects and don't see any specific outliers or profiles that may confuse the program. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Vijay

Attached Thumbnails

• nca_error.jpg

#2 Wendt

Wendt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hi Vijay,

we have seen this before, here is our solution:

Symptom: While running an NCA model, Phoenix gives the error "Access to the path "winnlin.*" is denied, where "winnlin.*" can be any of the following files:

winnlin.cmd
winnlin.dat
winnlin.num
winnlin.out
winnlin.unt

Cause: These are temporary files that Phoenix creates and deletes while running the NCA analysis. If a virus scanner on the machine is actively scanning the temp directory, Phoenix will throw this error when it tries to delete the file(s).

Solution: add an exception to the virus scanner so that it does not scan the Phoenix temp directory, which is in the following location by default:

For Windows XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\Phoenix

For Windows Vista/7/2008: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Phoenix

where "username" is the Windows login name supplied when logging into the machine.

Thanks,

Bernd

#3 Vijay Ivaturi

Vijay Ivaturi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Bernd, 

Thanks for the prompt response. I requested access to add the exception at my workplace, but in the meanwhile, I shut down my internet, turned of the virus protection, restarted the computer and tried running the same analysis - no luck, I get the same error again. 

Does it matter if the virus scanner has the exception or it is turned off globally?

Best Regards,

Vijay

#4 Wendt

Wendt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hi Vijay,

I would suspect that the scanner is still running, can you please verify? There is really no other reason for this problem to show up.

Best,

Bernd

#5 Vijay Ivaturi

Vijay Ivaturi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:06 AM

Hi Bernd - 

I added the exceptions as you suggested without any success. Attached are the error messages and the exceptions that I added in the symantec anti virus program

Any suggestions?

Vijay

Attached Thumbnails

• nca_error.jpg
  • exceptions.jpg

#6 Wendt

Wendt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hi Vijay,

this might be a more tricky case. Let's take this offline and work through the support channel where

I'll get back in touch with you.

Cheers,

Bernd

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users