#1 raghava choudary

raghava choudary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

Dear Simon,

I tried to simulate PK and PD of one of our candidate molecule using phoenix model.

With the projected PK parameters from in vitro studies PK profile was simulated and saved the model. The same model was copied as PK/Emax and PK was frozen. PD parameters were given in parameters tab.

The receptor occupancy was simulated over time but the Yvar name didnt change to E (Effect) automatically and it is named as DV. However changed the Y axis title to RO % by in the label tab.

Am i missing anything and please guide me the simulation process is ok,

Attached project file for your review,

With best regards,

Raghav,

Attached Files

• Stevensi likes this

#2 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Dear Simon,

I tried to simulate PK and PD of one of our candidate molecule using phoenix model.

With the projected PK parameters from in vitro studies PK profile was simulated and saved the model. The same model was copied as PK/Emax and PK was frozen. PD parameters were given in parameters tab.

The receptor occupancy was simulated over time but the Yvar name didnt change to E (Effect) automatically and it is named as DV. However changed the Y axis title to RO % by in the label tab.

Am i missing anything and please guide me the simulation process is ok,

Attached project file for your review,

With best regards,

Raghav,

Everything looks fine to me. DV means dependent variable which is here the effect.

#3 serge guzy

serge guzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

Everything looks fine to me. DV means dependent variable which is here the effect.

no need to freeze anything. It is just a simulation, not a fit.

Serge

#4 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Serge - if you want to reply with out quoting you can just use the box at the bottom of the thread and reply, no need to hit the 'quote' button.

Raghav, Your simualtions look OK to me, but bear in mind unless you've tried different dose levels your assumptions of a simple EMax model maybe incorrect and you will need to consider something like an indirect repsonse model if you observe Tmax or EC50 changing with dose.

Simon

Attached Thumbnails

• raghav_emaxSim.jpg

• raghava choudary likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PKPD, PK/Emax, Simulation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users