• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ananthha

ananthha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

Is there  a way to show the number of data points plotted (eg, N=12 etc.) for example, in the legend section, after plotting using XY plot or XY plot (categorical)?

I am looking for a direct way, rather than manually typing in the "legend Text" section.

For example, in the in-built EX02_plots project, under XY plot in the workflow, I would like to see the number of data points in the plot 'XY Plot 1' or 'XY Plot 3'.

Thank you.

Edited by ananthha, 14 July 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#2 bwendt@certara.com

bwendt@certara.com

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

You can create labels using a custom transformation in the Data Wizard combined with the output from a Descriptive Stats object. Please see a possible solution in the attached project file. This may not exactly matches what you want but could point you in the right direction.

Bernd

Attached File  Ex2.phxproj   164.55KB   454 downloads

• ananthha likes this

#3 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

Hi Ananthha,   Bernd has shown a way to put it on the actual legend.  Attached are a couple of other  option, they aren't totally  automatic trick.  

The first plot shows a rough example using n= in the title with ‘lattice titles’ but the formatting isn't great.

A better work around is to use Connect but with #macro# variables in titles. These are somewhat limited as you have to use the data sheet of the plot (so i had to merge in the N value) and/or use static copy of a work sheet in the data folder.

Anyway here is a project that shows two ways to do it, the Connect option looks better in my opinion at this time; rememeber you will have to look at the word output to see this.  I'll look into any forthcoming or logged enhancments with the developers and let you know if something better is coming.

Simon.

Attached Thumbnails

• N_legend.jpg

Attached Files

#4 ananthha

ananthha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thank you very much, Simon.

Could you please resend this project?  It does not open when I load it onto Phoenix. Gives an error message "There was an error loading the project file: C:\Users\*******\Desktop\N in plot titles.phxproj".

This error message pops up after clicking Yes to project version warning "The project you are trying to open was created with a newer version of Phoenix (6.4.0.768) and might not open correctly. Would you like to try to open the project anyway?

I think it will be useful to have the ability to directly display the N number under "Graphs" (for example, to compare two mean plots of two different disease conditions after overlaying them onto each other). In future versions, adding an additional field next to "Legend Text" could be developed to do this. Hope this will be added in future.

Thank you.,

Kind regards,

Hari.

#5 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

I just reworked it in v6.3 but be aware that this version is becoming increasingly out of date and offically is now outside our support policy since it is more than 18 months since v6.4 was released.

Attached Thumbnails

• reporter_title.jpg

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users