• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zhoumeng

zhoumeng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

I have a small plasma concentration dataset with 13 potential covariates (e.g., body weight, age, sex, breed, etc). I have selected all 13 potential covariates in a one-compartment PK model and I am using Phoenix NLME to run a "Cov. Srch. Stepwise", but it shows "No unfrozen covariate effects are defined. Run cancelled".  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Zhoumeng

• AlexKawn and Musictip like this

#2 mittyright

mittyright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:59 AM

Dear Zhoumeng,

could you please provide the text model ?

I suspect the covariate effects are not added to the structural parameters, please check covariate settings in Parameters Tab -> Structural Sub-Tab

Please also look into the Covariate modeling with the PK01 dataset chapter in the User's Guide.

BR, 

Mittyright

• AlexKawn likes this

#3 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

Hi Lin, (and Mittyright ;0).

the problem I think is quite simple, although you have told Phoenix you are potentially interested in these covariates, none of them have actually been selected by toggling to Yes from No on these boxes.

That said I would be wary in just running all possible covariates, one it will take some time and two you may end up with significant but not clinically relevant covariates, especially if you number of subjects is relatively small.  I would propose to review the covariate plots and look for any that show trends, i.e the line is *not* level and in the middle like in my screenshot. That indicates etas are randomly distributed around that covariate and so it is not likely to be significant

Simon

Please also look at taking one of our online or public training courses which have special rates for academics as that will really help you make the most of Phoenix.

e.g. (CL-101) Introduction to Population Modeling Methodology using Phoenix NLME

http://www.certarauniversity.com/lms/

Attached Thumbnails

• sf159986_No unfrozen covariate effects are defined. Run cancelled.jpg

#4 joybaker

joybaker

Advanced Member

• Val_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:13 AM

Similar question so follow this post. I have this message as well:

"No unfrozen covariate effects are defined. Run cancelled"

The difference is I select all the covariate-parameter combinations, but the covariate is IOV.

So IOV cannot be run in covariate stepwise mode?

Hi Lin, (and Mittyright ;0).

the problem I think is quite simple, although you have told Phoenix you are potentially interested in these covariates, none of them have actually been selected by toggling to Yes from No on these boxes.

That said I would be wary in just running all possible covariates, one it will take some time and two you may end up with significant but not clinically relevant covariates, especially if you number of subjects is relatively small.  I would propose to review the covariate plots and look for any that show trends, i.e the line is *not* level and in the middle like in my screenshot. That indicates etas are randomly distributed around that covariate and so it is not likely to be significant

Simon

Please also look at taking one of our online or public training courses which have special rates for academics as that will really help you make the most of Phoenix.

e.g. (CL-101) Introduction to Population Modeling Methodology using Phoenix NLME

http://www.certarauniversity.com/lms/

Attached Thumbnails

• 111.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users