1 reply to this topic

#1 danielcoliveira4

danielcoliveira4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:02 PM

Hello,

I performed a deconvolution to obtain the release rate of a long-acting implant by inputting the unit impulse response of the IV formulation of the drug alongside mapping the subcutaneous conc v time profiles. I've successfully achieved release rates and have good overlap in the pred v dv plots in the deconvolution results tab.

However, the subcutaneous formulation for which I performed this deconvolution has a bioavailability of ~40%. Given this, I interpreted the deconvolution results to be an underestimation of the release rate of the implant (since absorption function = sq disposition function / iv disposition function).

Is this a correct way of thinking about the results? Also, is there a way I could incorporate the bioavailability into the deconvolution process to obtain a more accurate release rate (I considered multiplying the sq observed concentrations by 2.4 to "convert" concentrations as if F = 1). Some individuals have recommended me use IVIC but I don't know much about it - so any pointers help!

Daniel (PK fellow)

• ppu-prof_Pn and Donaldjet like this

#2 bwendt@certara.com

bwendt@certara.com

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 March 2024 - 09:08 AM

Hi Daniel,

when you do Deconvolution in Phoenix one, of the worksheets under the Results Tab is Values

values.png

The last column shows the Fraction_Input, i.e. this is the estimated part of the dose having been absorbed - the equivalent information of bioavailability.

Bernd

• Austingar likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deconvolution, absorption, subcutaneous, long-acting implant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users