• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Teresa Collins

Teresa Collins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Has anyone had a similar error message when executing NLME? It looks in a temp folder for the .exe, can I tell it to look elsewhere? I have had successful runs before this.

Error in population:

' "...NLME.exe"' is not recognised as an operable program or batch file.

Model execution failed or cancelled.

Mant thanks for any suggestions.

T

#2 Simon Davis

Simon Davis

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Teresa, can you confirm the version of Phoenix installed and if you also have NONMEM installed on the same machine and if so which version please?

We saw this error at a client who had the G77 compiler for NONMEM already installed to a different directory. Phoenix is hard-coded to look for this in C:\PHSTMinGW.

The workaround that we used at that time was to rename their existing G77 compiler directory (e.g. C:\G77) to C:\G77.bak. Then open Phoenix and see if it can run Phoenix model objects. After they are done using Phoenix, re-name the C:\G77.bak folder back to C:\G77.

Alternatively, this problem may also occur when a textual model is written in PML with a syntax error that is not caught by the DME. If there is no other GNU compiler installed, submit your project if possible to confirm the cause.

Simon.

#3 Teresa Collins

Teresa Collins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I am on 6.1, so I am going to unistall this version and reinstall 6.3 to see if this solves the problem. I do not have NONMEM installed on my machine.

Its more likely an error in the textual model that isn't initially captured, but then it wont run any NLME runs after this. I was trying to specify columns from the data input file as constants in the model code.

Thanks for you help Simon, if I have any more problems I will submit the project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users