No replies to this topic

#1 Yassine Kamal Lyauk

Yassine Kamal Lyauk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hello,

I have a question regarding the different approaches to modeling data within PHX Model. The way I see it there are 3 different ways:

1. Using the Population PK tool within the Phoenix Model / simply not the tick the sort option for the different subjects (I usually use the Pop PK method even if I have no intention of including covariates, simply so that I can use the Model comparer function). One set of parameters is obtained.

2. Using the Phoenix Model and this time sorting the different subjects. A set of parameters is obtained for each subject.

3. Using Descriptive Stats to obtain the mean concentration value and then inserting this into the Phoenix Model tool. One set of parameters is obviously obtained here.

The question is: which approach is the ideal one (if there is one that is)?

I am use to employing method number 1 and using these parameters for multiple dose simulation.Yet sometimes I use method 2 since I have large disrcrepancy between few subjects and thus I am forced to exclude certain subjects (I get negative parameter constants for these subjects which I assume implies failure of fitting). I then take the mean value of the parameters from the subjects chosen and perform simulation using these. Lastly, I have recently tried employing method number 3 to verify how the parameter match those obtained from the other methods, but have to yet to come to any conclusion concerning how it compares.

The whole goal is to be able to simulate the concentration profile of the subjects one week later.

I would like to hear your input on these strategies and please feel free to criticize.

Best regards

ykl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users