• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsang0323

tsang0323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

We conducted a replicate study which is RRT, RTR and TRR. We completed 90%CI with default setting, such as attachments. However, the study was completed with 5 groups, so that I want to know how group effect is analyzed. I have searched BABE forum for couple of days. but still can not get the answer. Would anyone please guide me how to do it in the WLN? thank you.

I have seen a paper use: Group+Sequence+Period+Treatment+Random errors where Random errors is Random within and between subject errors. However, what about Formulation*Group such in the 2x2 crossover study? I am not so sure it is correct.

Charlie

Attached Thumbnails

• 111.png
  • 222.png
  • 333.png

Edited by tsang0323, 13 April 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#2 tsang0323

tsang0323

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:14 AM

Dear All:

Due to cannot find out the answer for group effet in the replicated study, we are considering to use following SAS code to analysis the 2x3x3 replicated study with 5 groups

proc mixed data=mydata;
class Seq Subject Period Drug batch;
model ln_AUC0_t= Group Sequence  Period(Group) Subject(Sequence*Group) Formulation Formulation*Group/ ddfm=satterth;
random Drug/type=FA0(2) sub=Subject G;
repeated/grp=Drug  sub=Subject;
estimate 'test-ref' Drug  -1 1/ CL alpha=0.10;
title 'lnAUC0-t' ;
ods output Estimates=out1;
run;

We have modified the default setting of Phoenix WinNonlin and put "Group Sequence  Period(Group)  Formulation Formulation*Group" as fixed effects, however, we can not figure out how to deal with "Subject(Sequence*Group)" effect. In default setting, a random terms for Formulation*Subject is already existing, therefore, we added another random effect for Subject(Sequence*Group), but result shows same as before the effect was added. Does it mean that the effect we do not condider in the model?  

#3 mittyright

mittyright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

Dear Tsang,

it is very strange that you didn't find the model in BEBAC.

Citing the Guru:

• Group model I:
  • fixed:  Group+Sequence+Sequence(Group)+Period(Group)+Treatment+Treatment×Group
    random: Subject(Sequence×Group)
    If the Treatment-by-Group term is not significant (p ≥0.1) this term can be dropped from the model, proceeding to Group Model II.
    If the Treatment-by-Group term is significant (p <0.1), FDA’s Division of Bioequivalence requests that equiva­lence be demonstrated in one of the groups, provided that the group meets minimum requirements for a com­plete BE study (i.e., 12).
  • Group model II:
    fixed:  Group+Sequence+Sequence(Group)+Period(Group)+Treatment
    random: Subject(Sequence×Group)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users