2 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

• Val_Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2024 - 09:24 PM

Hi, all,

I am trying to use Nonparametric superposition to simulate the conc profile following 4th injection (S.C) from a single given conc profile (dataset: single profile, dose 0.5mg). 

I get confused with the setup, “administrated” dose and “loading dose’.  Can anyone help to clarify that?

Thanks!

My understanding:

Administrated dose: is the dose in the given single profile?

Maintenance dose: the dose injected each Tau (0.5mg case1; 1 mg case 2)

Loading dose: what is loading dose?

The simulation cases are:

Case1: Conc profile following 4th injection (S.C 0.5mg, Tau=7)

Case 2: Conc profile following 4th injection (S.C 1mg, Tau=7)

Project is attached

• DeeannKap likes this

#2 Linda Hughes

Linda Hughes

Advanced Member

• Val_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 October 2024 - 08:27 PM

For the Regular dosing option, the Loading Dose is the initial dose used for the superposition.  If a different initial dose was not used, just enter the same value as the Maintenance Dose, 

The Maintenance Dose is the dose given at regular intervals of Tau for the superposition.

The Administered Dose is the dose associated with the observations in the input dataset, and is optional.  If the Administered Dose is specified, the Nonparametric Superposition tool will scale the superposition by the Loading Dose (for regular dosing) or dose at time 0 (for variable dosing) divided by the Administered Dose.  If the Administered Dose is not specified, the Nonparametric Superposition tool will assume that the dose associated with the data is the same as the Loading Dose (for regular dosing) or dose at time 0 (for variable dosing).

#3 David

David

• Val_Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2024 - 03:43 PM

For the Regular dosing option, the Loading Dose is the initial dose used for the superposition.  If a different initial dose was not used, just enter the same value as the Maintenance Dose, 

The Maintenance Dose is the dose given at regular intervals of Tau for the superposition.

The Administered Dose is the dose associated with the observations in the input dataset, and is optional.  If the Administered Dose is specified, the Nonparametric Superposition tool will scale the superposition by the Loading Dose (for regular dosing) or dose at time 0 (for variable dosing) divided by the Administered Dose.  If the Administered Dose is not specified, the Nonparametric Superposition tool will assume that the dose associated with the data is the same as the Loading Dose (for regular dosing) or dose at time 0 (for variable dosing).

Hi Linda,

Thanks for help. 

I have one more question: 

What does it mean of "initial dose" in above statement of "For the Regular dosing option, the Loading Dose is the initial dose used for the superposition"

My understand is "Regular dosing" means fix dose interval and fix dose among, so, Loading Dose equal to dose used for the superposition" in regular dosing option. Am I right?  

Thanks 

DV

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nonparametric superposition, simulation

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users